You can bake 112 kruidnoten with 1 Green Bakers Vegan Baking Mix for kruidnoten. It fits perfectly on 2 baking sheets. If you prefer to make only 1 baking sheet full of kruidnoten, you can halve the recipe.
- large bowl
- kitchen scale
- 2 baking sheets
- baking paper
- silicone baking mat or baking paper
- Green Bakers Kruidnoten vegan baking mix
- 75 g cold vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons or 60 mL/g water
convection oven: 175 °C, electric oven: 190 °C, gas oven: stand 4
- Wash your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Cover the baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the baking mix, cold vegan butter and 4 tablespoons water.
- Mix the cookie dough with your hands until combined. You know when the cookie dough is ready when there are no more visible butter streaks and when you can form a ball easily. If it won’t form a ball easily, add a few drops of water and continue to knead.
- Use a silicone baking mat or baking paper to work on to prevent the dough from sticking to your table. Form a ball and cut this in 8 equal parts.
- Roll the dough into a tube like shape of ca. 15 cm long and ca. 1 cm wide.
- Cut this tube in 14 equal pieces of ca. 1 cm wide.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the remaining dough.
- Shape the pieces into small balls.
- Place the pieces on a baking sheet in rows of 8 by 7. Make sure that there is enough space (ca. 3cm) in between the balls.
- Bake the kruidnoten in the center of the oven for 15-18 minutes until baked. The kruidnoten are ready when they are crispy.
- Remove the kruidnoten from the oven and let them cool down on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Eat the kruidnoten immediately or keep them in an airtight container. The kruidnoten will stay crispy for at least a week.
Optional: chocolate kruidnoten
- Cut 200 g vegan chocolate in pieces and add to a heat resistant bowl
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 600W in short intervals of 30 seconds, stir and repeat until all chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Or melt the chocolate au bain marie by placing the bowl on top of a pot with boiling water. Do not let the chocolate touch any water or steam.
- Place a kruidnoot on a fork, dip in the chocolate to cover and place on baking paper to harden.