You can bake 112 kruidnoten with 1 Green Bakers Vegan Baking Mix for kruidnoten. It fits perfectly on 2 baking sheets. If you prefer to make only 1 baking sheet full of kruidnoten, you can halve the recipe.
- large bowl
- kitchen scale
- tablespoon (use a measuring tablespoon for more precision)
- 2 baking sheets
- baking paper
- silicone baking mat or baking paper
- Green Bakers Vegan Baking Mix for Kruidnoten
- 75 g cold vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons water
convection oven: 175 °C, electric oven: 190 °C, gas oven: stand 4
- Wash your hands.
- Preheat the oven.
- Cover the baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan baking mix, 75 g cold vegan butter and 4 tablespoons water.
- Mix the dough with your hands until combined. You know when the dough is ready when there are no more visible butter streaks and when you can easily form a ball. If it won’t form a ball easily, add a few drops of water and continue to mix.
- Use a silicone baking mat or baking paper to work on to prevent the dough from sticking to your table. Form a ball and cut this in 8 equal parts.
- Roll the dough into a tube like shape of ca. 14 cm long and ca. 1 cm wide.
- Cut this tube in 14 equal pieces of ca. 1 cm wide.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the remaining dough.
- Shape the pieces into small round balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet in rows of 8 by 7. Make sure that there is enough space of ca. 3 cm between the balls.
- Bake the kruidnoten in the center of the oven for 15-18 minutes until baked. The kruidnoten are ready when they are crunchy.
- Remove the kruidnoten from the oven and let them cool down on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Serve the kruidnoten fresh or keep them in an airtight container. The kruidnoten will stay crunchy for at least a week.
- Cut 200 g vegan chocolate in pieces.
- Melt 2/3 of the chocolate in the microwave on full power for 15 seconds.
- Stir to divide all the heat and to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Microwave again for 15 seconds, stir and repeat until all chocolate is melted.
- Add the remaining chocolate to the melted chocolate and stir fast until all pieces are melted. The temperature of the melted chocolate will drop, which is essential for tempering.
- Place a kruidnoot on a fork, dip in the chocolate and place on baking paper to harden. If the tempering was succesful, the chocolate will harden at room temperature.